Sunday, September 13, 2015

August 31Meeting with Elder Christofferson and Baptism of Javier


My Arizona Hermanas

What an incredible week.

The best part was Saturday. We had the opportunity to have a mission conference with Elder Christofferson!! Listening to an apostle face to face is basically the best thing that can happen to a missionary. It was amazing, impossible to describe really.
We all got to shake his hand at the beginning, which of course was crazy. But honestly the things he talked about were meant for ME. I've been struggling with trying to feel the spirit all the time, and knowing when I'm just talking or when I'm truly being an instrument in the Lords hands. But he talked a LOT about how to recognize and receive revelation.  It was so incredible. and I LOVED the answers that he had to our questions. One elder asked how we can keep being missionaries after we get home or something and I'm like what the heck are you asking, lets just focus on what were doing here haha, but it was a question I needed. Elder Christofferson basically said that the best thing we can do is try every day to become more like Christ, to use EACH DAY to improve in one way or another, and I feel like I've been lacking in that aspect. I've been cruising through the days, counting them off, but haven't seen my progress in the past cambio. It was perfect, you can imagine the spirit that was just radiating in the room. Another thing that I loved, someone asked how we can love the people more, and it was funny because he hadn't even finished the question before Elder Christofferson immediately answered, "Serve them!" It hit me, he knows from experience how we can have the gift of charity, of the pure love of Christ, and it is simply through SERVICE!  We just have to lose ourselves in the service of others, and we will love the people around us, and we will have more love for our Heavenly Father. 
I have so many other things that I want to share, but don't have the time. 
      Most of all, I know the church is true. What a marvelous blessing it is to testify every day of that simple truth! I know that Elder Christofferson is an apostle of God, a special witness of Jesus Christ, just like I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration, and that until Christ comes again, we will always have the guidance of Prophets in this church. The organization is perfect, because it is inspired, and we all have a part to play.  
   that was basically saturday,and Sunday we had the baptism of Javier! It was a little crazy, with lots of little details to figure out because of his fear of water. But the awesome part was that afterwards, he told us that right before he stepped in the water, he lost his fear. I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father loves his children, and will always bless us if we take the first step of faith. 
It was an incredible week, with a few awesome surprises! I got an awesome little package and letters from the Kastendick family! I am so grateful for the support that I have out here, and for my awesome family. Thank you for your prayers, for thinking of me. 
and a package from Alexander, letters and a new skirt and a letter from Mama Preul. so that was another little highlight :) 
I'm so happy, so thankful for your support mom, and for the blessing that I have to be out here. 
I love you!
Hermana schneider

My old Companion
our Ixtapan :)

 
 Cleaning the church every saturday night because they're remodeling the casa de oracion and the missionaries are the only ones who come clean. It's basically the worst, but makes me appreciate clean chapels :) 
My Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment