Tuesday, May 5, 2015

April 6 Humberto's Baptism


Favorite graffiti wall
oh my gosh I'm actually dying laughing at the weapons thing.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:33 PM, Sharalee Schneider <sbschneid@yahoo.com> wrote:
We have enjoyed reading with Mason.  We liked this verse and Mason was reading it and had five weapons in his shorts and Dad was bugging him about it and so when he was reading it he said "this is the weapon" instead of "way"

"And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end." 2 Nephi 31:21

Yesterday it was funny because when he was reading he said "Santa" instead of "satan"

 hi mom!!!
Conference is amazing in the mission. It was a little tricky in spanish, you understand the jist of everything but the words don't impact you like in English. I don't remember a lot of quotes but here are some of my favorites...
"Yo puedo enseƱarle a bailar, pero usted tiene que oir la musica" that wasone of my FAVS ah 
"el servicio que mas cuenta.. solo Dios lo conoce"

The amazing thing about conference in Spanish is that I was able to listen more with my heart to the promptings of the spirit than to just the words. I received so many answers to every one of my questions, for my investigators, for me and for how to be better in the mission. its amazing and spiritually reviving.

Humberto's Baptism

We baptized HUMBERTO! such a cool experience mom. He has such faith and such a determination to change. he perfectly fits the description in D&C 20 I think it is that talks about what you need to be baptized, just a willing heart. I love him so much, and I'm just praying for his wife and family now, that their hearts will be softened as they see the example that he is.

I'm glad you had a good weekend. congrats to the boys on the chess, yikes they really are gonna be chess masters  love you all so much.I'm thinking about you tons.

I loved that talk about the spouses too, the questions, it made me think alot about what I need to do now to be a better mother and wife in the future.

There's such a focus on families in all the talks, satan really is attacking hard. we HAVE to defend the family. everywhere here working with investigators we see the effects. Famliy prayer, FHE, scriptures, we gotta do it. 
jenna
Love American Chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment