Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11 Cinco de Mayo

Corn with mayo and chili powder

 
I hope everyone had a good week!
So our Cinco de Mayo was very laid back, its not a big holiday in Mexico, but everyone gets the day off work, and that's pretty much it. The big holiday is Mother's Day!  I feel like in the states everyone just does some small celebration with their moms at home. but no, here its a huge party!
On saturday night it was super funny, the house next door got a mariachi band to play to celebrate all the moms, and it was an all night dance fiesta. haha so classic, all the women just dancing a ton inside, and the men drinking and just chillin outside the house. We thought it was hilarious, until it was like 11 and you can't sleep because of the trumpets and fantastic mariachi singing/yelling, but we got a good laugh. They started playing the cucaracha, and I was just laying in my bed sweating because it's so hot at night, and I just thought to myself, "this can't be real, it's so classic"

This week was a little slow.. We haven't had a huge success in finding new people to teach, it´s tricky when everyone is so stuck on the Virgin Guadelupe. We have a ton of work to do this week, finding people who are truly ready to hear the gospel.  I love the work so much though.

Ahh what else happened...
I got pooped on by a bird. That was annoying.
A crazy man on his bike yelled at us for like 5 minutes straight when we were walking in the street. I had my pen ready to stab if he tried anything hahahah. 
Oh, talking to the family was AWESOME!  I love you guys so much, it made me super happy to see your faces again!
Sunrise Devotional

Oh and today we got up at 5 and went over the the familia Garcia Zermeño´s house at 6. We got them all out of bed, made some hot chocolate and all went up to the roof. We did a little devotional as the sun was rising, and I think they really liked it.  We based the lesson off the talk by Deiter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love Of God"
SUCH a good talk, I recommend it to ALL: but here's just a few quotes..
"When we truly understand what it means to love as Jesus Christ loves us, the confusion clears and our priorities align. Our walk as disciples of Christ becomes more joyful. Our lives take on a new meaning. Our relationship with our Heavenly Father becomes more profound. Obedience becomes a JOY rather than a burden."

"No, God does not need us to love Him. but OH, how we need to love God!
for what we love determines what we seek
what we seek determines what we think and do.
what we think and do determines who we are-and who we will become."

Those were just some of my favorites. Love you all!!!
Hermana Schneider
The only sisters in their Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment